A place for drunkards to vent their unrepressed drunk souls without fear of retribution or a spanking.

Friday, March 25, 2005

Drunken Good Friday Thoughts

Disclaimer...I have had exactly two Bass and am pretty well tanked. I am the ultimate lightweight. At least I'm a cheap date.

So I went to Good Friday Mass. Which, if you're Catholic, you know it's not really a Mass but the Passion Service. Whatever. You still get Communion, you still listen to a really long winded guy tell you about how to be good. Same gig. So I'm sitting in the pew and it's the part where the guy up front says "We pray for so and so and blah blah blah blah blah..." and the rest of us, not really caring much at this point, respond "Lord, hear our prayer."

So the guy up front says something to the extent of "We pray for the Jews, that they remain strong in their belief in God and remain strong in their covenant as God's chosen people."

And I'm all, wait a minute.

It's Good Friday.

And we just prayed for the Jews.

Now, I'm as touchy feely everybody's ok non denominational bullshit as the next guy, but isn't this a conflict of interest or something?

Isn't this the whole reason we're HERE?

-K.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home